- Enroll at donatelife.ny.gov/register
- Sign up at the NYSDMV when applying for or renewing a learner permit, driver license or non-driver ID. When you enroll at the DMV, a heart and the words “Organ Donor” appear on these documents. Signing the back of your license does not enroll you in the New York State Donate Life Registry.
- Enroll on NYSDMVs’ MyDMV Online site. When you apply, or renew a learner permit, driver license or non-driver ID online, the heart symbol and the words “Organ Donor” will appear on these documents.
- Enroll at an IDNYC Enrollment Center when you apply for or renew an IDNYC government-issued identification card. The words “Organ Donor” will be on your IDNYC identification card.
- Enroll when registering to vote. Complete and sign page 3 of the voter registration form.
- Through the New York State of Health Official Health Plan Marketplace when applying for health insurance.
- Download, complete and mail or email the paper form at donatelife.ny.gov/download-forms.
- Complete a paper enrollment form provided by an organ procurement organization (OPO) or state licensed eye and tissue bank found in the Resources section of this website.
There are many ways to join the New York State Donate Life Registry: